David M. Eaton
DAVID M. EATON (David) was born in Oxford, Mississippi in 1971. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Nicholls State University in 1995 and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Mississippi College School of Law in 2000. Mr. Eaton was a student participant in the January 2007 International Association of Defense Counsel “IADC” Satellite Trial Academy held in Birmingham, Alabama. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association, Hinds County Bar Association, D.R.I. (Defense Research Institute), American Bar Association, and the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association. Mr. Eaton is licensed in Tennessee and Mississippi and practices in the firm’s Nashville office. Mr. Eaton’s practice is primarily civil litigation defense, with special emphasis on defense of medical malpractice and long term care cases.
Current Employment Position(s):
- U.S. Court of Appeals Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi, 2000
- Juris Doctor
- Nicholls State University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Capitol Bar Association
Publications and Presentations:
- Speaker, The Effects of Nursing Home Chart Documentation in Litigation, Tennessee Health Care Associaiton Convention, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Aug. 21, 2012.
- Co-Speaker with Robert R. Stephenson, Records Request Requirements of the Medical Malpractice Act, Tennessee Health Care Association Convention, Nashville, Tennessee, Aug. 28, 2011.